La Tomatina starts already in 2 days! Are you ready for one of the craziest food festivals? Before starting the tomato battle remember about a few things for your own safety and comfort.
THE RULES OF LA TOMATINA
Organizers ask participants to respect following rules:
- Do not enter with bottles or hard objects – you can cause an accident or damages to your battle’s fellows.
- Do not tear or throw your T-shirts, nor others T-shirts.
- Squash the tomatoes before throwing them, the hit will be less painful.
- Keep a safe distance of the lorries.
- Stop to throw tomatoes when you hear the shot of the second warning firework.
- Follow the security staff directions.
7 TIPS YOU MUST KNOW!
- Wear old clothes – which you are ready to throw away.
- Wear shoes with a decent grip – avoid using flip-flops – you can lose them in the tomato fight.
- Use the goggles – your eyes can be sore because of the tomato acid.
- Use waterproof cameras– in case u want to take pictures or just use a protective case.
- Follow the security directions and keep a safe distance of the lorries.
- Take part in the palo-jabón – a soap-covered pole with a Spanish prosciutto (jamón) on the top; the person who climbs to the top and get the jamón, win it!
- Enjoy as much as u can 😉
While visiting Buñol a cute town surrounded by mountains, take a walk through the streets which combine history and modernity. You can relax in urban parks next to the various fountains.
See you soon! Enjoy this extraordinary festival 😀